Karachi Kebab fry is one of the most famous and easy but a new version of dum ka keema (smoked keema).You can marinate a day before and it ready literally in no time.
Mince or keema : 2 lbs
Yogurt :1/2 Cup
Ginger/Garlic Paste: 1 tsp
Green Chili Paste:1 tsp
Tikka / Bihari Kabab Masla: 1/2 pkt each
Onion: 1 slice
- Mariante Keema with all above ingredients with yogurt (except onion and oil).
- Refrigerate it over night or 8-12 hours.
- Light a small piece of coal and then place it on a piece of foil or piece of roti /onion. Put this coal in the center of marinated mince. Add a drop of oil on the lit coal and quickly cover the dish so that the resulting smoke is trapped inside, thereby infusing the mince with a smoky aroma. Let the mince sit covered like this for about 10 minutes. Uncover and discard the foil and coal and then stir the mince.
- In a big wok or pot,heat oil and saute onion to golden brown.Add marinated mince and cook it until it is done.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook it until oil separates the gravy.
- Leave it on very low flame for about 15 minutes.
Serve it with Paratha,Raita and Chatni