Lasagna is baked Italian dish and always family favorite.No dawat or potluck completed at my home without it.I serve it as side dish at formal dinners for kids and even a main dish for a regular dinner so my kid would eat something without any complaint and take leftover for school lunch next day.
So,on demand I am sharing my recipe and I will try my best to make it simple for you to follow step by step.
Lets make it!!
1/2 kg chicken qeema
Red Chili Flakes:2 Tsp
Pasta Sauce:1 bottle (Any brand or Ragu original)
Salt & Black Pepper:to taste
Oil :2 Tbs
- In a sauce pan heat oil and saute chopped onion till it turns to light golden brown.
- Add Qeema and fry it till it changes it color,add spices and cook it until water dries up.
- Add more than 1/2 of pasta sauce which is almost a cup and let the qeema cook properly.
- Turn off the heat,set aside.
All purpose Flour: 2Tbs
Milk:almost 1 cup
Salt & Pepper :To Taste
- In another pan melt butter,now saute flour for 1 minute.
- Add milk gradually and whisk it up to avoid lumps,make a smooth sauce.
- Season it with salt and pepper.
Lasagna Sheets: Prepare pasta according to package direction.
Mozzarella Cheese: Grated
- Take a baking dish start with the left over sauce from the bottle,.spread on the bottom of the dish.
- Arrange boiled lasagna noodles length wise,over the sauce.Spread the meat sauce over lasagna sheet,then white sauce and sprinkle grated cheese over it generously.
- Repeat .
- Top it with a final layer of lasagna sheets,pasta sauce and cheese.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- If you like cheesy lasagna, you can add more cheese after removing the foil.
Let the lasagna rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
You can also freeze the leftover and enjoy it up-to 4 weeks.