Green/ Hara Masala chicken is one of the famous Pakistani dishes. It’s very easy and delicious recipe that doesn’t take much time.
Red chilli powder: (acc to taste..I have Extra Hot) 1/4 Tsp
Turmeric powder:1/2 tsp
Coriander powder:1 Tsp
Paprika powder:1 Tsp
Salt: To Taste
For Green Masala:
Cilantro/Green Coriander: 1/2 Bunch.
Green Chillies: 5-6
Tomatoes: 2 chopped
Ginger:1/2 inch piece
- Coarsely grind/blend all green masala ingredients, set aside.
- Heat oil, fry onion till light golden brown, add whole black pepper.
- Fry chicken, until it changes colour.
- Add all dry masala, and saute it for 5 minutes.
- Now add the Green Masala paste and saute chicken for 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt and let the chicken cook till it tender, Add required water to make desired gravy.
- Cover the pan for 10 minutes on low flame until oil separates.
- Garnish with green chillies and cilantro
Serve hot with chapati, roti or rice. Enjoy!!
Disclaimer: I am not an expert, just sharing some tips to help you to get your stress out. Please get professional help as soon as possible if things are getting worst.
Its hard for me to get the courage to talk about social issues that we all are facing or at least somehow to become part of this negativity and my BFF suggested me to start writing about some issues ( that are not only affecting us but created by us too) who knows somebody somewhere needs it and hopefully gets benefited.
I am completely heartbroken, a couple of young ladies recently got affected by such negativity and commit suicide. Life is a beautiful journey but it has some ugly chapters and one has to read the whole book but without reading it to “The End” how come you can give up in the middle?.
I have been gone through some tough phase of life, like you, like EVERYBODY.. but I always try to look forward and count my blessing every single day, my positive attitude always motivates me to get rid of any negative thoughts and helps me to move on.
Here are some of my personal notes that I always love to follow and try to get rid of negative thoughts, anxiety and stress to feel better.
- Think positive and count your blessing, to get rid of the negative thoughts that affecting somehow.
- Try to stay away from all sort of negativity, drama or anything that is affecting you, distance is always better.
- It’s OK to be NOT ok...one can’t smile or happy all the time. Cry if you want to.
- Do not compare your life with anyone, NEVER…the best thing You can do for you live the life you love.
- Saying NO doesn’t make you a bad person.if you can’t do it, say NO ( it was one of the toughest things for me to do and I’m still working on it).
- Sometimes it’s your illusions that are so negative that make the situation negative. There are always some better options, try to find one.
- Don’t do any race with anyone, it could be status race, brand race or could be any, keep yourself away from such people and don’t be one of them.
- Expect less from other people as much as you can, you will hurt less.
- It’s not necessary to give an explanation or ask for an explanation if something happened unexpectedly. Just let it go!!
- Find a hobby or an activity (activities) that you love to do, it could be anything that you enjoy other than your routine house chores.
- Talk to your mom, friend or sister/spouse, the one who can listen to you or at least cheer you up.
- Go for a walk, window shopping or listen/watch you like. Take a time out just for yourself or the person you like.
- Love whatever you have, your skin colour, your body shape also countless other blessings that we used to take for granted.
- Talk to nature, do gardening or even try to catch a butterfly like me.
- Don’t judge the book by the cover, everyone is unique. It’s your vision how you look at.
- Go with the flow, it always surprises the way you never expect.
Life is beautiful, don’t give up just because you treated yourself like that. You are the most important person you know for yourself first, and for your kids, for your parents, spouse or your friends.
Try to get out of it by yourself, if not, ask for help.
Mental Health Line Canada:1866-531-2600
I am back on blog after a break and sharing a simple paneer karhai that actually my elder sister’s recipe and it is so easy to make and can be served as a side dish if you have dawat.Less spices and less effort but so YUMMY!!
Paneer: 1 packet (I used Nanak Paneer).
Onion:sliced 1-2 medium
Red Chilli Flakes:1-2 tsp
Turmeric Powder:1/2 tsp
Kasuri Methi:1 tsp
Cut Paneer into 1/2 inch cubes,fry them all sides to light golden , keep aside.
Heat oil and saute onion to light golden brown,add tomatoes and cook until it become smooth paste.Add chilli flakes ,turmeric powder and salt.Cook till it separates the oil.
Mix fried paneer pieces with masala and add little water and cook for few minutes.
Sprinkle Kasuri methi(dried Fenugreek leaves) and leave it for 15 minutes on low heat.
Serve hot with Naan or chapati.Enjoy!!
Making a tent out of sofa cushions is one of the favourite things to do when my kids home. I often made a temporary tent with a sheet and pair of chair and Bilal loved spending hours inside. When I saw some DIY tents and Teepee tutorials on Pinterest and YouTube, I thought I should give a try just because I knew that whatever come after he will play inside happily.
A not-so-perfect teepee but it’s surely a worth sharing project with you guys. I posted some stories on my Instagram while I was making it so let’s have a look my not-so-perfect Teepee(I will surely give another try but it’s literally a pain in a bum and a time taking project). Lots of stitching and measurement required with some sewing skills.
I will share tutorial later just because I can’t keep you guys waiting, who asked me about the project follow-up plus I was so excited to show you guys the end result. Isn’t it cute?
This is an outdoor/indoor TeePee/Tent and portable but does need little bit assembling every time I move. I put some blankets and cushion to make it more cozy and comfy.
Not only my little one but the two elder kids love to hang out for hours too. I also add some battery operated LED light string and some DIY banner and garland (feather).
I tried my best to take some decent pictures with a super excited kid. I need some paperwork before I post a tutorial so if you have any queries just let me know.
Salads are the mandatory in any cuisine or Dawat ,I love-making salad and often try with different homemade dressings.Garden Salad is one of the easy and healthy recipe especially when we do our BBQ and picnics during summer.
Today,Let’s make a healthy garden salad with homemade Italian dressing. All you need to do is,chop all vegetables and before serving, just toss everything with dressing. Truly, this is the best and easy chopped Italian salad recipe I have ever made, with fresh and green vegetables in the homemade vinaigrette.
Ice Burg Lattice/Cabbage: 1 Bunch
Green/Red /Yellow Pepper:1 each
Carrots:1-2 Julienne cut
Red kidney bean(boiled):1 can
Cherry Tomatoes:10-12 cut in halves
Red Onion:1/2 chopped
Olive oil:3 Tbs
Lemon juice:1 Tbs
White Vinegar:1/4 cup
Salt and Pepper: To Taste.
Mustard Paste:1/2 Tsp
Dried Herbs: Oregano & Basil: 1 Pinch each
Mix all ingredients in a glass bottle shake and toss your salad and serve.You can add vegetables of your choice and of course availability.Check out Cold Pasta Salad and enjoy your summer.
Getting candles in the mail is a joy forever, for me yes it is. If you know me(or even not) send some flowers and candles and you know what…You dont need to ask me..I will love you more!!
Diana from ” Joyful Home” sent me some soy candles and I loved them all.
These soy candles are 100 % soy wax which is eco-friendly and free from harmful toxins. I never tried soy candles before and it is safe for everyone(Kids/Pets). I loved the smell and it works really well to absorb any strong cooking smell(desi cooking you know).
If you have a big space these candles especially “Muskoka S’Mores” and “Maple Syrup” are strong enough to fill the space up quickly with an aroma.
“Water Melon Slushie” and “Bubblegum” are Mild and soft /fruity smell, that lift your mood up. She sent me some small samples of wax melt and can’t wait to try them all.
These hand-poured candles are something you can buy for yourself or for your friend or can buy as a gift for your co-worker or even stock them up for holiday or eid gifts. You can use the discount code “JOY25” for 25% off on any purchase at joyfulhome on her Esty shop.
p.s: A giveaway is on its way💖!!
Thank You So much, Everyone!!… I didn’t know I will get so many compliments and kind words on my yesterday’s post Here.
As I promised I am here to share a fun makeover (sooner is better for me). I scored these lamp base from online bidding site and if I am not wrong, I paid just $10 for the set(Not Bad At All ).
I put my bid just because I loved the shape but unexpectedly the condition of the lamps was good. I liked the bronze colour but didn’t match with my decor at all. I wanted to do a fun makeover that instantly pop up the space.
This is the only before picture I have, it had little rust on the lower part but overall it was in great shape. I wanted a quick makeover and spray paint works great especially on metal but let me share some basic tips before paint any piece.
- Clean (wood/metal) with wipes or glass cleaners, remove all dirt and grime.
- Lightly sand with fine grade sandpaper.
- Wipe off again.
I love spray paint because it gives instant results. I used Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch in “Meadow Green” in the gloss finish. It has primer so I didn’t use any primer before starting to use spray paint. Always try to use spray paint in the well-ventilated area, cover the area with old papers or sheet. Tape the cord and lamp kit (the area you don’t want to paint)with painter tape and paper.
Shake well the paint can and hold it and start painting from 10 cm away from the surface. It will give maximum coverage if you use too close it will give paint drips. Wait between each coat and give multiple coats as needed. I waited at least 2 hours between the coats and gave three coat and left overnight after a final coat.
I love spray paint and it perfect for someone Be-sabra like me who wants instant results. I always use spray paint for small projects, especially on metals. It gives a smooth shiny coverage since it has a gloss finish.
I love the final look after I turn them on. The shades are also scored from the Wal-Mart Clearance section and marked down 50%. Yes, many of you asked me how did I get such cool piece for few bucks, will share my Budget/ Thrifty scores and tips soon….It is an addiction and I am literally addicted!!