Baigan Ka Bhurta is one of my favorite dish(es) and me love-making it with different versions.Sometimes I Roast eggplant in the oven and sometimes over the flame or even in the microwave.I don’t boil it but if you like you certainly do it too.
Let’s make a quick 30 min recipe and I am sure you will love it as much I do!!!!
- Egg Plant(Baingan):1-2 big round
- Tomatoes:3-4 chopped
- Onion: 2 medium sliced
- Crushed Chilli pepper:1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder:1 Tsp
- Zeera (Cumin):1 Tsp (Roasted and Crushed)
- Whole coriander:1 Tsp(Roasted and Crushed)
- Salt: to taste
- Tamarind paste:2 Tbs
I usually roast eggplant over the flame as I have Gas Stove but if you have electric or glass top stove you can bake foil wrapped Eggplant at 375 F for 15-20 min or microwave it for 3-4 minutes.
- Heat oil and fry onion in a pot.
- After onion becomes golden put in salt, red chilies, coriander and cumin, fry together.
- Add chopped Tomatoes, cook until it becomes a paste.
- Now add Mashed and peeled eggplant and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste and leave for 10 minutes on low flame until oil separates.
- Garnish with Green chilies and Cilantro, serve hot with Roti or boiled rice.
It is so easy and yummy recipe that takes hardly 30 minutes.Do you love eggplants as much I do?
One thought on “Baigan Ka Bhurta”
On Mon, Apr 2, 2018 at 11:54 AM, My Blessed Nest wrote:
> My Blessed Nest posted: “Baigan Ka Bhurta is one of my favorite dish(es) > and me love-making it with different versions.Sometimes I Roast eggplant > in the oven and sometimes over the flame or even in the microwave.I > don’t boil it but if you like you certainly do it too. Let’s m” >