My mom used to make green chilies and It compliments perfectly with vegetarian food especially all-time favorite Daal Chawal. We hardly find Pakistani green chilies here maybe once a year but whenever we bought I always make like my mom does(Two ways) !!
let’s make Achari Mirch first together.
Achari Masala Green chilies
Green chilies: 10-12
Whole Red pepper: 3-5
coriander whole: 1TBS
Aniseed (Saunf): 1TBS
Black Seed(Kalonji ):1/2 tsp
Mustard seed (Rayee Dana): 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 Tsp
Salt: To Taste
Tamarind paste: 1/4 cup
- Coarsely grind above ingredients in a coffee grinder, mixed it with tamarind paste.
- Take chili and put a cut on the center
- Now fill the mixture inside the chilies.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and fry it.
- Add 2 tsp of remaining tamarind paste.
- Put chilies on medium-low flame.
Fry it and leave it on low heat with the lid on for few minutes.If you Cant find this Pakistani Chilies I often use Jalapeno Peppers as an alternative.
You can serve hot and also refrigerate it over two weeks in a dry container with a lid on.I also make Achari Bhindi(Okra) with the same method.This is the best thing you can serve along with simple food but unbeatable for sure…try it and ENJOY!!
One thought on “Achari Chilies”