My mom used to make green chilies and It compliments perfectly with vegetarian food especially all-time favorite Daal Chawal. We hardly find Pakistani green chilies here maybe once a year but whenever we bought I always make like my mom does(Two ways) !!
let’s make Achari Mirch first together.
Achari Masala Green chilies
Green chilies: 10-12
Whole Red pepper: 3-5
coriander whole: 1TBS
Aniseed (Saunf): 1TBS
Black Seed(Kalonji ):1/2 tsp
Mustard seed (Rayee Dana): 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder: 1 Tsp
Salt: To Taste
Tamarind paste: 1/4 cup
- Coarsely grind above ingredients in a coffee grinder, mixed it with tamarind paste.
- Take chili and put a cut on the center
- Now fill the mixture inside the chilies.
- Heat 2 tsp oil and fry it.
- Add 2 tsp of remaining tamarind paste.
- Put chilies on medium-low flame.
Fry it and leave it on low heat with the lid on for few minutes.If you Cant find this Pakistani Chilies I often use Jalapeno Peppers as an alternative.
You can serve hot and also refrigerate it over two weeks in a dry container with a lid on.I also make Achari Bhindi(Okra) with the same method.This is the best thing you can serve along with simple food but unbeatable for sure…try it and ENJOY!!